Do you have files from your PC that you want to transfer to your iPhone but you don’t know how? If your answer to this question is Yes, then this message is for you. We will show you in this post how you can transfer files from PC to iPhone in different simple ways, so be sure to read through to the end.
As we all know, our PC often contains important data as this device may contain more items to be stored. And on top of that, it’s also a way to protect our data. But what if you need to have this important data from your PC and you can’t take your PC with you wherever you go. This is one of the things that is considered a drawback.
So in this scenario, most people would have this data transferred to their mobile devices such as their iPhone so that they can have this important data anywhere and it is very convenient to do so. And when it comes to transferring data from a PC to an iPhone device, one of the best ways to think about it is probably using the iTunes program, right?
Did you know that in addition to using your iTunes, you can also have many ways to transfer your files? Yes, that’s correct! And that’s what we’re going to show you in this post. We will show you different ways to transfer files from PC to iPhone the most practical and simple way.
Part 1: Transfer files from PC to iPhone using FoneDog Phone Transfer
Now, the first method that we are going to show you here is to use a third party application which is the tool most recommended by many users. And that’s the FoneDog phone transfer.
the FoneDog Phone Transfer is a very easy to use application that you can use to transfer your data between the different devices you have. Using this tool, you can transfer files from PC to iPhone and even to Android device. You can also perform the same process if you want to transfer certain data from your Android to iPhone or Android to your PC. It also supports the use of Mac.
Using FoneDog Phone Transfer, you can transfer files from PC to iPhone such as your music, videos, photos, contacts and messages. This tool can also be used if you want to save the data that we have mentioned. Again, this tool is very simple and easy to use. It is also safe to use the tool as none of your existing data will be overwritten during and after the process.
Now, so that we can show you how easy and simple it is to use this tool, here is a simple guide which you can follow to transfer files from PC to iPhone in no time.
Step 1: iPhone to PC plugin
You can download the FoneDog Phone Transfer from our website and install it on your PC. And once you finish the process, you can now go ahead and launch it to start using the program. Then, once you get to the main screen of the tool, you can now plug your iPhone into your PC using its USB cable. Wait for the tool to detect your iPhone. You will know that your iPhone has been detected once you see your iPhone information on the main screen of the FoneDog Phone Transfer.
Step 2: Choose the type of file to transfer
Then on the left side of your screen you will find a list of data types from which you can choose. From there, go ahead and click on the type of file you want to transfer from your PC to your iPhone.
Step 3: Choose the data to transfer from PC to iPhone
Then all the data in the folder will be displayed on the right side of your screen. You will be able to see the details of each element as well as its name, the date and time of its creation and its file size. Here you can just click on the data you want to transfer one by one. Or you can also click on the “Check All” option at the top of your screen to choose all of the data at once.
Step 4: Transfer files from PC to iPhone
And once the data selection is complete, you can now continue and transfer it to your iPhone device. All you have to do from here is to click on the Export to iPhone option located in the menu bar of FoneDog Phone Transfer. Then all the files you selected previously will start to be transferred to your iPhone, you just have to wait for the process to finish.
Part 2: Transfer files from PC to iPhone via iCloud Drive
ICloud Drive is known to be an alternative to Google Dropbox which is commonly used by Windows PCs. And once you’ve turned on the iCloud reader on your iPhone device, you will be able to transfer files from PC to iPhone. You can also access them from the iCloud.com website. And if the files you want to transfer from your PC to your iPhone are mainly documents, then this is the method that is best for you.
Here are two ways to transfer files from PC to iPhone using iCloud.
Method 1: Transfer files from PC to Windows using iCloud for Windows
- Step 1: On your Windows computer, launch iCloud, then log in to your Apple ID and password that you use on your iPhone.
- Step 2: And then go ahead and click on the box next to the iCloud drive to activate this option.
- Step 3: Then go to the “This PC” tab and you will see an iCloud Drive folder name. If in case you don’t see this file, you can continue and expand the quick access option to search for the file.
- Step 4: After that go ahead and copy and paste the files you want to transfer to your iCloud Drive folder.
- Step 5: And then, launch Settings on your iPhone, then tap on your name. Then tap iCloud, and choose iCloud Drive.
- Step 6: And then go ahead and go to your files, then choose Browse, then choose iCloud Drive. From there, you should be able to see all the files on your PC via your iPhone device.
Method 2: Transfer files from PC to iPhone using iCloud.com
If the iCloud app is not installed on your Windows computer, there is another way to transfer files from PC to iPhone using the same platform. And it’s by going to the iCloud.com site. So, to find out how you can do this process, here are the steps that you need to follow.
- Step 1: On your Windows PC, go ahead and navigate to any browser you have, then visit iCloud.com.
- Step 2: Next, log in your Apple ID and password. Make sure you connect to the one you use on your iPhone device.
- Step 3: After that go ahead and click on the iCloud Drive option.
- Step 4: Then click the Download button to choose the files you want to transfer from your PC to your iPhone.
- Step 5: After that, go to your iPhone, then tap Settings, then your name. From there, go ahead and click on the iCloud options, then choose iCloud Drive.
- Step 6: Next, head to your files, then choose to browse, then choose on iCloud Drive. From there, you should be able to see all of your existing files on your PC on your iPhone device.
Part 3: Transfer files from PC to iPhone via iCloud Photos
If the files you want to transfer from your PC to your iPhone are your photos, you can use your iCloud photos to make your job easier. All you have to do is make sure that you are going to use the same Apple ID as with your iPhone. Here are the steps you need to take.
- Step 1: On your iPhone device, go ahead and launch your settings, then tap on your name. Then go ahead and press iCloud, then choose Photos. And from there, go ahead and hit iCloud Photos so you can activate it.
- Step 2: Then access your PC, then upload the photos you want from your PC to your iCloud.
- Step 3: After that go ahead and check your photos on your iPhone to check your photos transferred from PC to your iPhone.
Part 4: Transfer files from PC to iPhone using Dropbox or Google Drive
Another way to transfer your files from PC to iPhone is to use Dropbox and Google Drive. These two platforms usually come with free versions or trial versions or can give you free space which you can take advantage of. It is a great way for you to transfer files from PC to iPhone.
To make it easier for you, here are the steps you can follow to transfer files from PC to iPhone using your Dropbox.
- Step 1: Just download the Dropbox app and also install it on your PC and iPhone.
- Step 2: After that, go ahead and log into your account. Or if you don’t have an account yet, go ahead and create one. Also, once you’ve finished creating your account, make sure you’re signing in to the same account on both your PC and your iPhone device.
- Step 3: After that, go ahead and launch Dropbox on PC, then download the files you want to have on your iPhone device.
- Step 4: Next, on your iPhone, go ahead and open the Dropbox app, then check the files you’ve downloaded from your PC. It will also appear on your iPhone and also save it on your device.
Part 5: Transfer files from PC to iPhone using iTunes
The iTunes program is recognized by many users as a great way to transfer your files from your PC to your iPhone device. However, this may result in the loss of your existing data during this process. This is a disadvantage of using the iTunes program. However, if you are sure to use this method, here are the things you should follow.
- Step 1: Connect your iPhone to your PC using its USB cable.
- Step 2: And then launch your iTunes program.
- Step 3: Then unlock your iPhone and choose to trust your PC.
- Step 4: Then go ahead and click on the Device tab, then choose the category of files you want to transfer.
- Step 5: After that go ahead and click on the Sync option, then choose the files you want to transfer.
- Step 6: After that go ahead and click on the Apply button to transfer files from PC to iPhone.
Part 6: Conclusion
So, as you can see, there are many ways to transfer files from PC to iPhone and we have included most of the files commonly used by many users. But to make sure that you can transfer all the files you want from your PC to your iPhone, we strongly recommend that you use FoneDog phone transfer.